Now that we’ve got Cocoon released, we’re rolling out new features and making improvements. Let us know what you think of the updates.
Along with the Cocoon cloud release, we also put out a feature we’ve been working on for the past few weeks and that we hope will be useful to developers. When publishing your app, one of the main problems with HTML5 is how easy it is for anyone to access your code. In some cases, like web apps, this is not that important, as most of the logic is on the server side, but for other apps like games it can cause problems as anyone can have access to your assets and code and publish your game themselves.
Now with Cocoon you can encrypt all the assets and code in your application using the AES 128 encryption algorithm. The files are encrypted at compile time and decrypted at runtime so they remain encrypted inside the installed application bundle.
The encryption feature is currently only available for the Gold Plan users. If you are not a Gold Plan user and you would like to use encryption, please upgrade your plan here.
For more information on how to use the encryption feature, see the docs.
We have made some changes to the Cocoon documentation. Now it is hosted atdoc.cocoon.io and it has a public repository at Github so you can contribute if you find any bug, typo or you just thing that you can improve some section. There is a search widget available in case you want to find an article or you want to get the information you need in a faster way. The documentation is a permanent work in progress so there will be improvements in the near future.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed Google Play Games Construct2 plugin login issues
- Fixed Canvas+ iOS issue when using the Cordova Status bar plugin
- Addressed problem with banner sizing in some Cocoon Ads plugins
- Fixed iOS icon sizing problem when setting it with the icons UI which caused problems when uploading to stores
- Fixed Cocoon Chartboost Ad plugin crash issue when compiling because of a missing library
- Changed Canvas+ to use the Android immersive mode by default if full screen is enabled. You no longer need to use any plugin for this, as it is available by default
Hope you like the new Cocoon features and improvements. We will be back with more soon.