We are back again with a bunch of updates and fixes, check them out!
- Splashes: We have added support for adding a custom splash to your project. You can add a default splash and override it for each platform. We have added a few parameters that you can set: scale mode, padding, background color and a delay. We have also added a preview. You can even see how it will look in a specific device resolution using the device simulator.
We think this will save you some precious time of creating and setting up splashes. Just upload an image and generate your splashes for any device automatically. In iOS this image will also be the launch image.
We hope you find it useful!
- Plugins migration: Cordova is migrating their plugin registry from the Cordova Registry to NPM. The plugins in the Cordova Registry were starting to be a bit outpdated so we have decided to migrate our plugins and the Cocoon Cloud Plugins UI to NPM.
Now everytime you add a Core or Cocoon plugin or when you look for plugins using the Cocoon Cloud Plugins UI, you will get the latest NPM available plugins.
Remember that you can use any Cordova plugin in the Cocoon Cloud.
- Plugins documentation: Some of you were asking us where could you find the documentation for the plugins you discover throught the Cocoon Cloud Plugins UI. To make this task easier, we have added a link in the Plugins UI. Now if the plugin has documentation you will see an “Available” link that will lead you to the plugin documentation directly.
Hope that helps to make the plugins integration even easier!
- Smaller Developer App: Some of you asked us if we can reduce the Developer App size to upload to the stores when making tests (ie. Uploading to the PlayStore to test InApp Purchases). Now the Developer Apps generated in the Cocoon Cloud will not include the app source code so the size will be smaller.
- Amazon AppStore Android Plugin:A NumberFormatException in the fetchProducts method has been fixed and the plugin has been updated to the Amazon SDK 2.0.
- Google Play Store Android Plugin:“skusBundle array associated with key ITEM_ID_LIST cannot contain more than 20 items” issue has been fixed.
- Cordova File-Transfer Plugin:We have fixed a bug in Canvas+ that prevented the file-transfer plugin from working properly in Canvas+ iOS and Android.
- Canvas+ sleep prevention:Now when compiling with Canvas+ Android, your app won’t sleep and shut down the screen.
So that’s all for the moment, hope you enjoy this new features!
Thanks for using Cocoon!
The Cocoon Team